Position: Mentor Duluth Coordinator
Site: YMCA Harbor Highlands
What is your role as Mentor Duluth Coordinator with the YMCA?
- Perform annual updates, child enrollment interviews, and initial interviews with families and mentors
- Provide information, support and resources to mentors, youth and parents by maintaining regular contact and informing my caseload of all Mentor Duluth events and opportunities
- Update policies and procedures to meet best practice in the mentoring field
- Organize the annual March into Mentoring Fundraiser
- Help with Mentor Duluth activities
- Train in new Program Advocates
- Supervise social work interns and AmeriCorps members; providing an enjoyable and knowledgeable experience for them
What do you like about your work with Mentor Duluth?
I love working with Mentor Duluth because my passion is supporting youth development and being in this role I get to do just that. I also enjoy getting to know families and being the connecting piece between matches. Watching friendships develop and being a part of the relationship is a privilege I am able to enjoy every day.
What are some of your hobbies and interests?
In my free time I like to go hiking, play with my dogs, occasionally partake in some video games, watch movies, listen to music and read; mostly young adult books… AKA books made for teenagers… bring on the zombies, vampires, and teenage drama!